Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sunday Stills "BARNS"

This week's Sunday Still's challenge is Barns. We drove late Saturday afternoon to take photos of some of the old barns in the area. It always amazes me that some people let their barns fall down, literally! The rain caught up to us, and the last show is of the barn during a pouring rain! I really like that shot!

look carefully, there is a barn there...





An old barn,



Another, really old, barn,



This is not a newer barn. This is an old barn that was renovating about 15 years ago:





The rain started. I love this shot, in the pouring rain.

16 comments:

Ed said...

Great shots, I liked the old barns best but the new one looks like a cross between the old style and a new style..:-)

Holly said...

I love the "hidden" barn in the first picture.

Anonymous said...

The new barn is really beautiful. It looks so alive. The old barns are sad, but have a real history I'm sure. Nice job. :)

Anonymous said...

ooo very old barns, nice

Tammy Vasa said...

Where is that last barn at? I haven't seen it before. Great shots, Brenda! I tried to take some in the area when riding Windy yesterday, but it was so humid, my glasses kept fogging up & everytime I would let off the reins, she would dive bomb for grass! So I settled for our own barn.

colleen said...

So beautiful.

gigi said...

I love old barns but that red barn is just beautiful!!

Leah said...

I love barns --- you found some really good old ones! And the new barn -- I would love to have it!

threecollie said...

Oh, my, that red barn in the lower photos is simply fantastic! It must be wonderful on the inside too. Great job!

BK said...

Cool barns! I will hopefully post photos this afternoon when I get home from church

Oregon Equestrian said...

Great old barns. Love the refurbished one.

lisa said...

loved your pictures!

Michelle said...

You weren't kidding when you said those barns were falling down! Wow! It's kind of sad, really. Great shots though, I really enjoyed them.

CTG Ponies said...

I love the renovated barn. It's very pretty. Those other barns are really falling down. Looks like a strong wind could blow them over.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Those are great photos...its so sad that people let their barns go like that! But they make for such interesting photos dont they? Lovely shots you got!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great series of shots, I do like the red barn the best..someones loves it..it has double cupolas too..very interesting:)