Thursday, December 31, 2009

HT's Photo Challenge "SUNSHINE"

This week's Horsetales photo challenge is "Sunshine". I will always think of the ride I had a year ago fall, on Finny, when the sun was setting. It was breathtaking, with color everywhere on the horizon.





Then we were all looking for the sun this last week. After 3 days of snow 1 week ago, then another 3 days of ice, sleet and snow this past weekend, we were feeling the effects of light deprivation. After this past snow storm that ended late Christmas Day, the sun did come out early Saturday morning.

The sun shone through the barren branches of the trees, leaving streaks of light on the snow.


The sun was beginning to shine down on the horses, warming their backs and melting the snow.


The sun shone over the field, throwing sunlight onto the fresh fallen snow.


The sun shone past the lean-to's, heating up the sides of the barn, giving the horse a warm backdrop of metal.


As I checked the drifts outside the front drive, the sun was shining across the road. I think that was the last time we saw the sun for days!

0 comments: